Parent & Community Input
We welcome your input!
- Do you have ideas for speakers for parents or the community? Additional publications with useful information? Please share them!
- How can we improve our Special Education website? We welcome suggestions.
- There are parent representatives from each school who participate in the Special Education Committee. Please see this Committee's tab on the Special Education main page for more information and opportunities to get involved.
- Be sure to take the Survey for Parents of Students with Disabilities in the Fall.
- Follow and Tweet us on Twitter! @SheltonSped
- Participate actively in your child's Special Education programming.
Review the Special Education Presentations to the Board of Education
Sped BOE presentation 10-26-16.pdf
Parent Survey Results:
Spring 2017 Parent Survey Results.pdf
Results of Spring 2016 Special Education Parent Survey.pdf
Parent Lecture Series Presentations:
Parent Lecture Series Event Presentation - Transition - 11-13-14.pdf
Special Education Resources for Parents:
Bringing Knowledge to the Table - A Guide to Special Services in CT.pdf
Helpful CT Resources for Families (English)
Helpful CT Resources for Families (Spanish)
Parent's Guide to Special Education in Connecticut (English)
Parent's Guide to Special Education in Connecticut (Spanish)
Parent Notification of the Laws Regarding to the use of Seclusion and Restraint in Public Schools (English)
Parent Notification of the Laws Regarding to the use of Seclusion and Restraint in Public Schools (Spanish)
PPT 101 The Basics of the Planning and Placement Team Meeting
Making the PPT Process More Effective for You and Your Child
IEP Guide - page by page.pdf (New resource!)
Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center
National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities
CT State Education Resource Center
U.S. Dept. of Education - Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
Procedural Safeguards for Special Education (English)
Local Community Events for Students with Disabilities
APRIL 18, 2018, 6:30 PM, at PLUM LIBRARY : "A Parent's Perspective" - Parent forum to learn about pre and post graduation services and resources. Six parents who have gone through various processes to access ongoing services share their experiences. Click here for flyer: Parent Forum Invitation.docx
APRIL 19, 2018, 8:30 AM - 8:30 PM: "Building a Great Life" - A conference for people with disabilities, family members, service providers, and advocates presenting strategies and examples of community based supports, advocacy and rights for people with disabilities with a focus on how to Build a Great Life! Click here for registration: https://t.co/o3iE64NN1a