Parent & Community Input
We welcome your input!
- Do you have ideas for speakers for parents or the community? Additional publications with useful information? Please share them!
- How can we improve our Special Education website? We welcome suggestions.
- There are parent representatives from each school who participate in the Special Education Committee. Please see this Committee's tab on the Special Education main page for more information and opportunities to get involved.
- Be sure to take the Survey for Parents of Students with Disabilities in the Fall.
- Follow and Tweet us on Twitter! @SheltonSped
- Participate actively in your child's Special Education programming.
Review the Special Education Presentations to the Board of Education
Parent Survey Results:
Parent Lecture Series Presentations:
Special Education Resources for Parents:
Helpful CT Resources for Families (English)
Helpful CT Resources for Families (Spanish)
IEP Guide - page by page.pdf (New resource!)
Local Community Events for Students with Disabilities
TRANSITION RESOURCE EXPO - MARCH 21ST, 5:30 PM, AT COOPERATIVE EDUCATIONAL SERVICES :
Click for flyer here: Transition Expo Invite 2018.pdf
Planning for services and supports for post-school life? Attend the Transition Resource Expo to learn about what's available locally and how the process works.
APRIL 18, 2018, 6:30 PM : "A Parent's Perspective" - PARENT FORUM TO LEARN ABOUT PRE AND POST GRADUATION RESOURCES
Click here for flyer: Parent Forum Invitation.docx