Parent & Community Input
We welcome your input!
- Do you have ideas for speakers for parents or the community? Additional publications with useful information? Please share them!
- How can we improve our Special Education website? We welcome suggestions.
- There are parent representatives from each school who participate in the Special Education Committee. Please see this Committee's tab on the Special Education main page for more information and opportunities to get involved.
- Be sure to take the Survey for Parents of Students with Disabilities in the Fall.
- Follow and Tweet us on Twitter! @SheltonSped
- Participate actively in your child's Special Education programming.
Review the Special Education Presentations to the Board of Education
Parent Survey Results:
Parent Lecture Series Presentations:
Special Education Resources for Parents:
Helpful CT Resources for Families (English)
Helpful CT Resources for Families (Spanish)
IEP Guide - page by page.pdf (New resource!)
Local Community Events for Students with Disabilities
November 12th - School and Health Transition Seminar by the UCONN Center for Excellent in Developmental Disabilities. Transition from school to post-school options, adult services, health care options, and more. Click here for the flyer: School and Health Transition Seminar UCONN 11-12-16.pdf
December 11th - Sensory Friendly performance of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" Musical at the Bushnell Center. Click here for more info (scroll down the page): https://bushnell.org/events/rudolph-red-nosed-reindeer-musical